Sunday, December 2, 2012

First Appointment

Today was our *first* official appointment, we had no idea what to truly expect.
Based on the primary calculations we thought I was around 10 weeks, but Scotty and I did not think so.
 We had two negative tests early in October.  The nurse said we would not have an ultrasound today to determine for sure so I was disappointed.  Scotty said he thought I was going to crawl up the walls from being so nervous.  Which may or may not be true. Finally our doctor came in and I was relieved at how comfortable she made me feel.  She said I could have a cup of coffee which was one highlight of the day.
  7:00 am with 22 2nd grades needs some minimal caffeine consumption.
We got down to the business of due dates and she agreed that we could go ahead and have an ultrasound since there was such a range in possible EDDs. We went ahead and did blood work, then went back for our very first ultrasound. Even more excitement.  The technician had to ask more than once just how far along we *thought* we were.  We are clearly NOT 10 weeks, we believe more closely to 5 weeks 2 days or so.  Our first u/s looks like a little black jelly bean, so we decided to come back for a second try in 2-3 weeks.

  We intended on sharing the big news with our families during Thanksgiving since we will all be together, which we still plan to do, but our follow up u/s will not be until we get back into town.
Of course I am as nervous as I possibly could be and Scotty is as calm as always of course.
Our next full OB appointment is still a month away so we hope to have a definite due date, a clear picture, and our ears still ringing with the sound of a precious heartbeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in, I would love to hear what you think :)